Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Jemaine's new movie


I got this bit of info after checking out WTF! Jemaine will be starring in
'Careful with that axe', and the movie's based off the novel 'Predicament' by Ronald Hugh Morrieson. The movie is basically a crime caper, set in the mid-1930s.

Here's a bit of the Q&A with director Jason Stutter:

IE: How did you come up with the idea for the film?

Jason: The film is inspired by the song "Careful with that axe, Eugene" written by Pink Floyd. My girl friend wanted to skip it during a road trip and I came up with some spiel about how it was an important piece of music, due to it's important, under current safety message - this blatant lie failed to work.


IE: What films or filmmakers inspire you?

Jason: I love both comedy and suspense equally which may explain why I'm a big fan of the Coen Brother's work and Alfred Hitchcocks film's. I love the showmanship that these filmmaker's bring, they want to entertain their audience and be liked. I also love anything directed by Steven Spielberg.


IE: What is next for you?

Jason: We're currently putting together the finance to shoot a comedy-crime-caper feature film, which has Jemaine Clement from HBO's Flight of the Conchords attached. The New Zealand Film Commission have also funded the writing of a couple of my feature treatments.



Check out the director's Q&A here: AFI Digital Interview

Article on an announcement of the movie, no details on who's starring though: Stuff.co.nz

I'm glad Jemaine is getting more movie deals. Now I want to see Bret do more things in the movie industry as well, would be awesome fun if he starred in a movie.

Photo obtained from Open Stock Photography.

2 comments: